A wireless network is a platform for enabling enterprise-wide access to all of an organization's applications
and data. Wireless networking allows users to take the office with them wherever they go.
How will a wireless network benefit my business?
A wireless network deployment can help your company achieve multiple benefits, including:
- Reduced setup time and amount of cable required to outfit a location
- Greater flexibility that allows new and temporary users quick access to the network
- Improved collaboration and productivity
- Easier deployment and relocation
- Increased security
How can I help my business embrace wireless networking solutions?
When considering the implementation of a wireless network, it is important to:
- Perform a site survey. Having a third-party perform a site survey can
ensure a successful deployment. The site survey can provide a roadmap for designing the optimal wireless
network, identify potential issues, and propose solutions to remediate any difficulties.
- Address security concerns. Many believe that wireless networking exposes
the business to greater data security risks. On the contrary, wireless networks authenticate users and
encrypt transmitted data, making it more secure than a wired line.